Redline UK race team no more?

Anything BMX related, no off topic posts here please

Moderators: Crooch, billstup, Super Moderators

Redline UK race team no more?

Postby parttime » 11 Jan 2013, 07:37

Just seen this in FB.
Anyone know any more?
Be gentle with me, these wheels seem awful small these days....
parttime

Re: Redline UK race team no more?

Postby martinparker » 11 Jan 2013, 09:17

Also heard Kaos UK is no more, is this true as well?
SE Racing UK
tritoncycles.co.uk
tritonimports.co.uk
martinparker

Postby Crooch » 11 Jan 2013, 10:51

yep both gone
Crooch

Postby mike-at-dialledbikes » 11 Jan 2013, 11:43

Sad to see Team Redline go (didn't know much about Kaos). Always thought they had one of the best teams every season and the most professional looking set-up. Jai Kemp was also a team manager I have a lot of respect for.

Oh well, no Redline bikes in the UK will hopefully mean more sales for Dialled Bikes and FTB 8)
mike-at-dialledbikes

Postby motomagII » 11 Jan 2013, 15:28

well that is amazing redline have become the biggest i reckon name in the uk for race bikes and they pull the team/

mike i hope your company benefits from this being uk based and a true gent .one question i shave u ever considered competing a tad mopre by maybe offering a complete bike range rather than frames at all .might be totally wrong but just a thought i had that may l;ea to more dialled ont he track

oh and yeah jai is a top bloke for sure
motomagII

Postby billstup » 11 Jan 2013, 17:06

motomagII wrote:well that is amazing redline have become the biggest i reckon name in the uk for race bikes and they pull the team/

mike i hope your company benefits from this being uk based and a true gent .one question i shave u ever considered competing a tad mopre by maybe offering a complete bike range rather than frames at all .might be totally wrong but just a thought i had that may l;ea to more dialled ont he track

oh and yeah jai is a top bloke for sure

Mike does offer a complete bike set up Greg :D
billstup

Postby jasonoldschool » 11 Jan 2013, 17:13

Are shiner not importing the bikes any longer or is it just the team that's been pulled?
jasonoldschool

Postby mike-at-dialledbikes » 11 Jan 2013, 17:26

Motomag, Dialled Bikes and FTB do now offer complete bikes, but they are custom builds using aftermarket parts, not off the peg. Prices start from £900 and go to £1200, so similar pricing to a Redline flight but, in my opinion, better value for money (because of no generic/OEM parts).
mike-at-dialledbikes

Postby motomagII » 12 Jan 2013, 09:10

sorry mike i never looked i just thought you was frame only sorry
motomagII

Postby bully69 » 12 Jan 2013, 09:29

Shame really...... :(
Last edited by bully69 on 12 Jan 2013, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
bully69

Postby kdubbmx » 12 Jan 2013, 09:43

There's going to be a BIG hole in the team area without Jai and Redline there.

IMO Redline has always been the Team to ride for as a rider, although I'm biased as I was the first one!(in the UK) :D

It was a proud time for me having my Son on Redline for 3 years :D

Jai made the team what it was and put so much work in and made the whole setup so pro.

Just a couple of years ago it seemed that over half the younger riders at any race were all on Redline's and the team kids being so rad influenced this a lot.

I say well done to Jai for running it as well as he did for so long and Thanks for everything along the way. :D
kdubbmx

Postby mdh » 12 Jan 2013, 10:21

Totally agree with you there mate and it's a sad loss to UK BMX.
mdh

Postby ChrisCarter » 13 Jan 2013, 20:01

I'm not up on the current sponsorship scene, but I'd be curious to know about the commercial aspects of Redline's decision not to run a UK team. From what little I've seen at a handful of gate practices at my local track, it seemed that every third bike there was a Redline (including my own, a ProLine Pro24). Redline seems to have a huge foothold in BMX in the UK at the moment and with the decades of history and heritage behind it, it is a formidable brand in sport. Success and reputation like that takes decades to build, but it can be lost in a single season. If Redline has no face on the UK race scene for 2013, I'm certain that will equate to a huge fall in sales by 2014.

Now I realise running a race team for a relatively small sport like BMX is always going be as much a labour of love as a commercial viability, but I would have thought that Redline is one of the few firms on the planet that not only could afford to do it, but were so pivotal to the sport that I would have thought it more a case that they can't afford not to do it.

Like I say I don't really know what I'm talking about and might have the wrong end of the stick, but I would be very curious to learn what's prompted Redline's withdrawal from the UK race team scene.

Is British BMX racing in such a parlous state that the big names like Redline don't think it's worth bothering? Surely post-Olympics that can't be true. Can it?
Team Race Day Video - We've Got You Covered.
ChrisCarter

Postby rockygeoff » 14 Jan 2013, 08:27

could be that accel? who have bought out raleigh and being that redline is also one of there companys, that you could concievebly see raleigh distributing redline, in the very near future, now that is a worry
rockygeoff

Postby motomagII » 14 Jan 2013, 09:01

which means we are going to see diamond back brand in the race scene soon too then!!!
motomagII

Postby oggy » 14 Jan 2013, 11:27

motomagII wrote:which means we are going to see diamond back brand in the race scene soon too then!!!

no thats not happening
oggy

Postby Jace » 14 Jan 2013, 12:03

oggy wrote:
motomagII wrote:which means we are going to see diamond back brand in the race scene soon too then!!!

no thats not happening

Really, I didn t know that.... :roll:
I have the solution for a problem that doesnt yet exist ......

Jace

Postby rich_camm » 14 Jan 2013, 12:38

lets just say redline must have pulled the plug for a reason, and sometimes racers can be their own worst enemies :roll:
rich_camm

Postby motomagII » 14 Jan 2013, 13:15

i still reckon redline will outsell other brands as the bikes are good for the monies as a complete and dont fall apart after 2 mins so they are still gonna be the best option for a quality bike ,who else ya gonna buy from haro !!!!!!
as said hopefuly dialled will be the option for the best complete ride
motomagII

Postby Jace » 14 Jan 2013, 20:45

How many race bikes do you think are sold in the UK annually ?
I have the solution for a problem that doesnt yet exist ......

Jace

Next

Return to General Discussions