The Song Game II

Anything else (legal) you'd like to share with us.

Moderators: Crooch, billstup

The Song Game II

Postby tymbian » 09 Feb 2011, 19:58

What's on your PMP, iPod, MP3 player at the moment. What are you listening to? Why? Recomended yes or no!
tymbian

Re: The Song Game II

Postby tymbian » 09 Feb 2011, 20:09

PRIMAL SCREAM - SCREAMADELICA (1991)

Recently voted by NME no.1 in top 50 druggiest records ever made. Excellent chillout music without a hint of aggression that either of the names suggest.

Highly recommended!
Last edited by tymbian on 09 Feb 2011, 21:22, edited 2 times in total.
tymbian

Postby krautrocks » 09 Feb 2011, 20:27

man tim,

i´ve been on the primal scream concert in hamburg /markthalle in 1991 or somewhen the beginning of the 90s (can´t remember exactly. lol)

the gig was abandoned after just three songs. reason: gillespie the old druggie completely lost the plot and couldn´t go on wth his performance.

we all got our money back.
krautrocks

Postby tymbian » 09 Feb 2011, 21:23

krautrocks wrote:man tim,

i´ve been on the primal scream concert in hamburg /markthalle in 1991 or somewhen the beginning of the 90s (can´t remember exactly. lol)

the gig was abandoned after just three songs. reason: gillespie the old druggie completely lost the plot and couldn´t go on wth his performance.

we all got our money back.

:lol: :lol:
tymbian

Postby BiddyBombers » 10 Feb 2011, 17:15

beautiful days- the levellers :D
BiddyBombers

Postby JonTheBassist » 10 Feb 2011, 17:59

Fear Factory - Soul Of A New Machine (1992).

FF's first full album was a death/groove metal crossover which featured cleanly sung choruses/sections and some electronica, both very unusual at the time. This album paved the way for their groundbreaking Demanufacture album; a sound that was aped by many Nu-metal bands which followed throughout the 90s.

Recommended? Not for most, the follow ups Demanufacture, Obsolete and Digimortal are much more melodic and easier on the ear. Still a source of visceral pleasure for those into heavy music :D
Snap you later!
Jon Rhodes - Coach @Bradford Bandits BMX Racing Club / Cruiser Dad / Veteran
Facebook - Team Rhodes BMX
Martins European Transport, Dragon BMX Racing, Pro Acoustics, Bespoken Wheel Builds & Bicycle Fixes
JonTheBassist

Postby tymbian » 11 Feb 2011, 21:03

Rolling Stones - Exile on main street.

Disappointing! Not the best Album they've made.

Recommend? No: unless you like listening to an album full of songs that sound the same.
tymbian

Postby tymbian » 11 Feb 2011, 21:17

SKINDRED - BABYLON
RELEASED( 2002 )

Alternative metal, reggae, ska punk, hardcore punk

I'm gonna rename this Ragga! Excellent, Fantastically different band. I love these guys. Seen them two or three times now at both small ( Brixton Academy ) and large gigs ( Download Festival ) and have rocked the crowd everytime.

RECOMMEND? OH YES.
tymbian

Postby melonlover » 12 Feb 2011, 07:42

Sonic boom six - the ruff guide to genre-terrorism

A fantastic ENGLISH new wave ska/ punk band I think from Manchester I have seen em at a couple of festivals a great live band aswell
Highly recommended yes
Check em out
always remember everyone loves the melons!!
melonlover

Postby krautrocks » 16 Apr 2011, 21:11

I´d like to feature this single song from which i today woke up. Nasty clock radio.

Looked them up on the internets and must admit, I´m totally fascinated by their performance. Especially at 1:34. Off da hook!

Bucks Fizz - Making Your Mind Up

krautrocks

Bristol!

Postby krautrocks » 15 Oct 2011, 20:20

Saturday night: Listening to legendary Massive Attack. Words can´t describe their huge influence. German Trip Hops adore them.
Kraut electronic scene never was able to do something brilliant like that. #wearedifferent #morestatic&cold

Massive Attack - Spying Glass
Massive Attack - Eurochild

The whole album is a blast. Also the Mad Professor Remixes. Genius.
krautrocks

Postby krautrocks » 15 Oct 2011, 20:37

I´m on fire, just opened a bottle of sparkling wine...herh herh herh... how gay is that please again?

Anyway, think will go out 2nite. Still heating up with Massive Attack. For Germans the maybe most "familiar" track of the Protection Album:

Massive Attack - Heat Miser

Sounds a bit like Berlin´s Tangerine Dream. Great!
krautrocks

Re: Bristol!

Postby krautrocks » 15 Oct 2011, 20:44

krautrocks wrote:The whole album is a blast. Also the Mad Professor Remixes. Genius.

Massive Attack & Mad Professor - Eternal Feedback

Just for those who don´t know what i was talking about: The Mad Professor Remixes. Follow it on YouTube and buy the record!
krautrocks

Postby krautrocks » 15 Oct 2011, 20:45

Sparkling wine.... :D
krautrocks

Postby krautrocks » 17 Oct 2011, 21:38

vodka_cranberry_this_time...(seasonal-affective-disorder) :D

Enjoying-IDM-heroes-Autechre.The-2010-Oversteps-Album.For-such-a-long-time-the-first-listenable-record-gain.-Great-stuff.

Autechre - Treale
Autechre- see on see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autechre
http://warp.net/records/releases/autechre/oversteps
krautrocks

Postby krautrocks » 17 Oct 2011, 23:04

krautrocks wrote:Autechre- see on see

Listen-to-the-track-on-loop,-and-(maybe-after-the-fifth-time)-you´ll-forget-that-it´s-there...Know-what-i-mean...?

Love-this-odd-stuff...
krautrocks

Postby krautrocks » 21 Oct 2011, 18:36

Vodka Ginger Ale - Lemon - iIce cubes... this time ( served ba a nice lady (26, clerk), on strange pills *not my cup of tea* friend of my Aussi girlfriend )

Listening to another classic in musical history: The Cure - The Top. From 1984. What a great album! Fat Rob´s prime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd8uz2e7 ... re=related

krautrocks

Postby krautrocks » 21 Oct 2011, 18:54

i mean, i hate live versions, but this piece of music is just great...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBhL-TgD ... re=related
krautrocks

Postby krautrocks » 22 Oct 2011, 21:33

Another track coming from unbelievably great English music scene. (original beginning of 80s version!)

The Alan Parsons Projekt - Lucifer

Rreally - like i stated before: Brits politically (maybe interpersonal) are a pain in the arse. But your musical heritage is most probably the best in the world. Hard to say for me, but maybe even better than the German... will always envy Brits for that... (compliment)... :wink:
krautrocks

Postby krautrocks » 22 Oct 2011, 22:19

Now listening to German Hamburg local band called Blumfeld. Very popular on here within alternative scene. Huge fanbase, even cult i´d say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blumfeld

One of their greatest Albums called " Old nobody" (end 90s)... if you being open for new influences, not caring about English language... listen to Blumfeld - one of the main protagonists of so called Hamburger Schule (School of Hamburg)... a bit like Sheffield or Manchester scene ... you know...

Musically awesome, very relaxed. But just with new (not like Rammstein = old)) German lyrics... intellectual & lyrical stuff...

Me personally know three of the four bandmembers. Singer´s (second from right on the picture) son goes to school with my nephew (my sister´s son) ... occassionally talking to him about this and that... nice... :D

Blumfeld - Tausend Tränen Tief (onethousand tears deep)

http://www.amazon.de/Old-Nobody-Blumfeld/dp/B000023ZO0
krautrocks

Next

Return to Crap Talk