Box wont allow negative reviews

Anything BMX related, no off topic posts here please

Moderators: Crooch, billstup, Super Moderators

Box wont allow negative reviews

Postby tinklondon » 27 Jul 2016, 15:05

I've tried multiple times to leave a review on the Box Components website but they never approve the review.

I was in a contact with a guy there, but now he also totally ignores my emails.

Questionable I think when a company only allows particular reviews on their website with no explanation as to why.

Disappointed in them, so thought I'd have a moan here :)
tinklondon

Re: Box wont allow negative reviews

Postby bigpimp347 » 28 Jul 2016, 09:46

BOX the latest fashion item of the more money that sense brigade..
after all the report of BOX items snapping, cracking, and failing from normal and some extreme use you wonder why they don't want the negativity..

still it's not just BOX there's other brands as well that fail shall we compile a list :)
bigpimp347

Postby HEYWOOD BMX » 28 Jul 2016, 23:04

There was a Facebook page-BMX Racing Product Failures but seems to have vanished now.I wonder if a certain manufacturer took legal action and forced it to shut down?
HEYWOOD BMX

Postby bigpimp347 » 29 Jul 2016, 11:28

probably, the page was great though, i even submitted a few pictures of failures,
give a great insight to what brands were actually up to scratch and those that weren't.
bigpimp347

Postby tinklondon » 30 Jul 2016, 18:55

Well its a real shame that page has gone.

Especially in the light that companies don't want transparent reviews about their products.

Basically my 8 year old lad had some x-series forks that we bought second hand. They had been fine for some time, but he noticed on the gates one day that his bars turned, without the wheel moving. When I looked into it the steerer had come loose in the forks. No big incidents, crashes etc. The fact that Box recalled a load of these for the same issue (of which these forks didn't have the required serials), and that you can't post an honest review about them.

My review wasn't a slating of the product but was honest giving a 3 star review, stating we'd bought them second hand and that after 5 or so months use the steerer was now loose after no major incident or crashes and that I was disappointed with as they are such a high end product. The only 2 reviews on the site give 5 stars.
tinklondon

Return to General Discussions