Hounslow Track R.I.P.

Find your old race buddies and share memories.

Moderators: Crooch, billstup

Re: Hounslow Track R.I.P.

Postby martinparker » 27 Sep 2010, 11:24

Insane days, loved every minute!
martinparker

Postby inkdoctor » 06 Aug 2011, 10:57

Reading all these fantastic memories of one of the best tracks of its time,
I had many a good time there both racing and dossing with pals,,
funny enough though how the BMX craze has started to re-birth its self.
I used to use GREENHAMS track as we knew it as kids every day on the way home from Lampton comp school,
with the likes of Arnie Parsons, Dave Turner, Robert Jiggins who i went to school with.
I'm 40 now and still building BMX's with the advantage of hand painting decals with my new proffession being a tattooist you can imagain the mad designs that are requested, I still enjoy track riding but the only difference is that I do it up north now in Adel Woods (fantastic track but bloody risky for newies, plenty off trees to use as brakes if yours don't work)
Those were the days not a care in the world but seeing that your BMX was in top nick and as light as possible.
R.I.P Hounslow track gone but always in my favourite memories.
inkdoctor

Postby Leealexander » 18 Nov 2011, 21:27

I would regularly ride from Hayes to Hounslow hang out with Martin p, jiggins, John, ness. martin k, luke always laughing until it got dark then I went off to the birds house just off the high street said hello and set off again!

Not sure I would like to ride through osterley park then the back alleys through southall these days - just did not have a care in the world walkman on full blast and awya we go! lol
Leealexander

Postby TUNIKEITH » 02 Jan 2012, 16:08

hi this is keith joseph here,from back in the good old days.just been reading all this great stuff thats on this site,and it brings back so many good mems,nice to see so many old faces from back then,martin parrker,john ockins and robbert jiggins,must say jiggs ockins and me had so hard races with each other.would also like to say hounslow was one off my best tracks,would love to catch up with the old crew,never no might even get back on a bike again.to all of the old school massive u will all have a place in my heart,back then ruled.
TUNIKEITH

Postby martinparker » 02 Jan 2012, 16:58

Hello matey, get yourself a bike, I was riding with Tony Twist today, we spend more time talking than riding!
martinparker

Postby DonnaChisholm » 16 Aug 2012, 22:48

WOW! Having watched the Olympics and watching the BMX I re felt the adrenalin! Proudly telling ym husband I was an original BMX rider! There wasn't any "watch the gate"! it was all about "Riders Ready, Pedals ready, Go!"

I'm Donna Chisholm & my younger Brother is Steve Chisholm. We spent our childhood at Hounslow BMX, travelling all over the country having the best time ever! Every day after school I'd get my Vans on and trash my GT over the track and be seen racing home when it got dark!

I have quite a few photos which I must dig out, the most memorable being given the day off school to go to Hounslow BMX track and have our photo taken for Richmond & Twickenham times with some other riders, (you may recognise yourself!) I don't have the article, only the photo, it was 1983/1984. I'm far right (plate 5173) and my brother Steve is next to me. I also recall us being on TV but can't remember why!
Attachments
bmx.jpg
DonnaChisholm

Re:

Postby DonnaChisholm » 16 Aug 2012, 22:54

iankimpton wrote:Who was Steve Chisholm?
I've got an entry from June 85 that says "Jimmy got hassled by Steve Chisholms old man"

Wow! Steve Chisholm was my brother, I raced for Hounslow BMX club in the girls age 10 as Donna Chisholm (Daddy's Girl) on my bum! and Steve was a year younger than me. Someone getting hassled by my Dad? I wonder why!
DonnaChisholm

Re: Re:

Postby iankimpton » 18 Aug 2012, 07:55

DonnaChisholm wrote:
iankimpton wrote:Who was Steve Chisholm?
I've got an entry from June 85 that says "Jimmy got hassled by Steve Chisholms old man"

Wow! Steve Chisholm was my brother, I raced for Hounslow BMX club in the girls age 10 as Donna Chisholm (Daddy's Girl) on my bum! and Steve was a year younger than me. Someone getting hassled by my Dad? I wonder why!

Knowing Jimmy - he was probably being cheeky?
iankimpton

Postby iankimpton » 18 Aug 2012, 08:14

Are the others in the picture - Michelle Chenery, Keely Mulkerins and Simon Hayes? Hope no one gets upset if I'm way off?
iankimpton

Postby Luke » 20 Aug 2012, 12:05

Think you're spot on, Ian.
Luke

Re:

Postby SIMONHAYESHUTCHFACTORY » 22 Aug 2012, 14:39

Jay wrote:I had a go at a brain dump 'who's who'

Fill in any I've missed, or put the misc people in the right place.

Isleworth (pre track at Rockies)

Jay Cox
Lou Cox
Stefan Edwin
Dan Edwin
Jonathon Dixon - RIP
Adrian Green - RIP
Graham - (Red RaceInc forks on an Ultra Burner?)
George Marani
Richard Freeman +Older brother ?
Paul Heggarty
Toby Egglesfield

Hounslow locals - Pre Track on the rubber at Greenhams

Martin Parker
John Oakins
Martin Kemp
Tony Twist
Chris Wilkes (RLC)
Rob Jiggens
Alex Turner
Pete Bristow (Silver Shitty Sounds)
Simon - AKA Question Man
Tom (lived near the track)
Rob

Feltham Young Offenders ;-) - Pre Track - on the rubber at Greenhams

Ian Kimpton
Gary Kimpton
Paul 'Waxy' Stow
Jimmy
Terry Norris
Steve Bapuji
Paul Bapuji
Nick Pickett
Gary Jones
Andrew Chesteau

Twickenham - Pre Track on the rubber at Greenhams

Cole Mulkerrins Jr
Jason Stiles
Lee Whitlock
Keely Mulkerrins

Old Isleworth

Dave Turner - RIP
Stacey Tough
Arnie Parsons

Teddington Lock

Neil Butler

Surbiton & Tolworth

Luke Butler
Casper Butler (before he started calling himself CJ!)
Michael Chennery - RIP
Michelle Chennery

Northfields - (Mostly used to skate the ramp next to Northfields Station after the track died off)

John Shabasnia (Shabaznose due to his large hooter)
Nick Shabasnia
Scott (with one hand)
Lee Elliot
Radish (no idea of his real name)
Jimmy - the one in the photo's
Ollie

Hillingdon Mob

David Haynes
Lee Alexander
Nicky Restall
Bobby Alvey
Paul Roberts - (took Ian off)
Gary Saunders

Westway Crowd

Errol McClean
Winnie Wright
Frankie Romain

Sheen Common

Simon Hayes
Dick Martin
Jake (Stacy swapped frames with Jake, before Jake's Dad made them swap back .. think Jake's Dad was an actor.)

Misc
Darren Wright
Will Land
Keith Emmerson
Jeff
Aggie
Scott Newton
John Ingram

That's as many as I can remember - over to the rest of you.

Jay.

Just seen this and my only response is WOW.

You can add Sean Bowen,Adrian Young and Nigel Beattie to the Sheen Common firm,and a little know fact is that Dave Turner (RIP) started riding with us at Sheen Common
in 1980 and went to Shene Comprehensive before his family moved to Isleworth and he became a Greenhams local.
SIMONHAYESHUTCHFACTORY

Postby kdubbmx » 09 Sep 2012, 14:29

I found Hounslow BMX track around 1999 (I quit racing just as it was starting to get used for big races in the early 80's) and spent loads of time there on my mtb as I was living nearby.

Loved it there and always wondered what the hell happened for it to become deserted but left fully intact, the gate was still there and the commentary tower and even the metal quaterpipe still stood at the entrance untouched from nearly 20 years before.

I wondered so much about what happened to cause it to be abandoned that I ended up being directed to Scott Dick to ask the question and by then I decided I wanted to race again and have been back since late 2004. Thanks Hounslow BMX Track :D
kdubbmx

Postby BlepeSparpvop » 10 Sep 2012, 11:52

Reading all these fantastic memories of one of the best tracks of its time,I had many a good time there both racing and dossing with pals,,funny enough though how the BMX craze has started to re-birth its self.I used to use GREENHAMS track as we knew it as kids every day on the way home from Lampton comp school,with the likes of Arnie Parsons, Dave Turner, Robert Jiggins who i went to school with.I'm 40 now and still building BMX's with the advantage of hand painting decals with my new proffession being a tattooist you can imagain the mad designs that are requested, I still enjoy track riding but the only difference is that I do it up north now in Adel Woods (fantastic track but bloody risky for newies, plenty off trees to use as brakes if yours don't work)Those were the days not a care in the world but seeing that your BMX was in top nick and as light as possible.R.I.P Hounslow track gone but always in my favourite memories.

You talked funny . On no other word
BlepeSparpvop

Postby Chappell » 11 Sep 2012, 19:23

What a nice post. I really love reading these types or articles. I can't wait to see what others have to say. see you soon making money easy
Chappell

Postby iankimpton » 21 May 2014, 10:10

Posting this to get us back to the top where we belong. I'm also hoping some of those we haven't heard from can find us (Stefan, Will, Darren etc)?
iankimpton

Previous

Return to Old Skool