Harvington BMX track Beckenham/Eden Park

Find your old race buddies and share memories.

Moderators: Crooch, billstup

Harvington BMX track Beckenham/Eden Park

Postby TINY12 » 27 Jan 2012, 10:26

Morning!

did any one on here used to ride at Harvington BMX track in Beckenham/Eden Park?

I used to go there quite a bit as a 6-9 year old..then one day we went there and it was a flower garden :( I loved it there i never raced but was there pretty much once a week rain of shine, my poor dad!! I remember going there once and there being a huge race there and I'm sure there were TV like cameras (could of just been a dude with cam corder in the late 80's to be fair!)

I has left a permanent scar under my chin, some of the big kids had put a log and some ply board on top of the first jump i decided to hit it and in doing so flew what seamed like miles in the air..unfortunaly the super heavy steel "snowflake" wheel i had on the front dropped the front like a lead weight and i ended up taking the impact on my chin..i got up and rode on the rest of the track for a lap back to my dad, my dads face was picture when he saw the blood down my top and the "finger sized hole in my chin"...two days off school get in!! Oh and the table top (i think it was) in the middle seamed was like a mountain to me and my mates!

Good times..sorry for the trip down memory lane!!
TINY12

Re: Harvington BMX track Beckenham/Eden Park

Postby Tassotti » 18 Aug 2012, 22:27

Harvington was my home club back in 85-87

I raced in 12 year old with Joe Eastwood and Jamie Staff

I remmeber it was the only track with an electronic gate at the time

Riders ready, Watch the Lights .........
Tassotti

Postby shortie » 20 Aug 2012, 12:35

Great track, nice and fast. Was my home track also. Shame they grassed it over but you can still just about make out the massive first berm.
shortie

Postby Tassotti » 20 Aug 2012, 12:47

Harvington Summer Series 1986 01.jpg

Harvington Raiders Summer Series 1986

Joe Eastwood - 1
Anthony Fish -2
Adrian Tassell (me) - 3

Harvington Summer Series 1986 02.jpg

Harvington Summer Series 1986 03.jpg
Tassotti

Postby 58delray » 25 Jan 2013, 15:51

58delray

Postby SpenceM » 08 Apr 2014, 13:29

Was Harvington the track that only had left hand turns?

I remember racing there back in 85/86 (also against Joe Eastwood, Jamie Staff and Anthony 'Flying' Fish).

I remember the starter at the gate tapping me on the shoulder at the start of one race as I'd got a puncture on my back tyre. Had to fight my way back out of the gate and through all the other kids lining up for the next motos.

Turned out someone had let the tyre down while I'd left the bike outside the toilets!!
SpenceM

Return to Old Skool