Ross Hill. Traggic News!!!

Find your old race buddies and share memories.

Moderators: Crooch, billstup

Postby Kerri E » 01 Oct 2007, 10:46

So sorry to hear such terrible news....My heart goes out to you all. Ross was very special and caring, he always knew how to make others feel really special.Linds you know he will watch over and care for you for ever.
Love to you all
Kerri
xxxx
Kerri E

Hilly

Postby Gwert » 01 Oct 2007, 12:28

Completely terrible news.
I will remember Ross for being a great laugh and for being way ahead of his time on a bike.
R.I.P
All my love and thoughts to Shirley, Bill & family

Scott
Gwert

Postby kelv1n » 01 Oct 2007, 13:44

Really terrible to hear this news, Ross was a great guy who always had time to talk to you and ask how things were going.
I first remember him in the early 90s when he rode for Invert, he had such a good style and never looked like he was trying but always was up at the front. Really good to watch on a bike and one of the nicest, laid back guys off it.
Condolences to all his family
kelv1n

Postby Pagey » 01 Oct 2007, 14:56

This is horrible news. I didn't know Ross really well but he was always a real nice kid and an unreal rider. Definately an inspiration to us all.

My best wishes and deepest condolences to Ross' family.

RIP Ross

Nige Page
Pagey

Postby T4O » 01 Oct 2007, 15:15

So sad that Ross has gone. Linds, Shirley, Bill my thoughts are with you....I have so many amazing memories with Ross that will never leave me. Ross was the first person that I ever really looked upto, for so many years I tried to be like him, look like him and ride like him.....Kye and myself would come home from school and be so excited because one of us had had a Ross Hill spotting..........You will be missed my friend....And as you would of said to me 'TAKE IT EASY' ...Toby
T4O

Postby MrsG » 01 Oct 2007, 16:14

This is such a harsh world.

Our heartfelt condolences to you all on this tragic news.

But we do have another angel looking out for everyone in the BMX world between them they will be mixing it up up there.

RIP

The Gunners
MrsG

Postby Ivesy » 01 Oct 2007, 16:36

so so sad. I was in Ross's age group, and when I read his name on the moto sheets I knew I wouldn't be winning the race!

One rad rider, one nice guy!

RIP Ross

Condolences to all his family
Ivesy

Postby dave.g » 01 Oct 2007, 19:20

so sorry to hear this terrible news, we all had good times with ross, he will be truly missed. Dave + kim.
dave.g

Postby wussy67 » 01 Oct 2007, 19:25

I never knew Ross but my thoughts are with his family at this sad time,
Russ and family.
wussy67

Postby Paul » 01 Oct 2007, 19:38

Sorry to hear this terrible news...............GreenmachineBMX
Paul

Postby FASTMINGO » 01 Oct 2007, 19:43

Well gutted at such sad news I was priviliged to known Ross in the late 80s he was the most awesome rider going.Racing for John terry,terrys tubros team he was unstoppable that year.Then to cyclecraft"my was he cool then great memories of Ross RIP

my thoughts for Shirley,Bill,Linsey and family

Chris Mingo
FASTMINGO

Postby mangler » 01 Oct 2007, 20:16

Very sad news. My thoughts go out to Ross's family.
Some of my favourite times in BMX involve racing & riding with Ross.
A tragic loss indeed.
mangler

Postby Joey » 02 Oct 2007, 09:36

Sorry to hear this terrible news.

Our thoughts go out to his family.

The Goughs
Joey

Postby BoomBoom » 02 Oct 2007, 10:15

We have been devastated by this news.

Ross was one of the most decent guys you could possibly meet.

Our thoughts and condolences are with Shirley, Bill and Family.

Scott, June and Mike Beaumont
BoomBoom

Postby leather jacket » 02 Oct 2007, 10:21

Our condolences to all the family at this time.

Jim & Kath Batey
leather jacket

Postby L FORTE » 02 Oct 2007, 18:16

you will never be forgotten mate. you had such a strong influence on me growing up, every1 wanted to go as high as ross hill, a true legend. way ahead of your time, its a pleasure to have known you.

my thoughts are with you shirley, bill, lindsey....

RIP ross hill....... your spirit remains..... leo
L FORTE

Ross Hill

Postby S Dovey » 02 Oct 2007, 19:41

Very Sorry to hear about Ross

He was a good guy and I will never forgot some of the Fun we had, all them years ago!

My Condolences to Ross's Mum & Dad, my thoughts are with you.

Sam
S Dovey

Postby Ben Drew » 02 Oct 2007, 19:58

Ross is remembered way back to the early days at Newton Abbot race course. The first time I saw Ross he was riding his race bike with skinney wheels down the gradstands steps much to the dismay of Bill! Ross was the original rebel. He was one of the first to take on and beat David Maw winning the Brits at Derby Stadium. An inspiration to many and always a leader in style.

Very sorry at such a sad loss. Condolences to Bill, Shirley, Adam and Lyndsay.

From Ben, Julie and Dave Drew
Ben Drew

Postby laughinggravy » 02 Oct 2007, 20:49

The words that come to my mind when thinking of Ross are unique, talented, honest, loyal, crazy, sincere, funny.... so many things. I'm the youngest in my family, but through the 90's age of bmx, Ross and his soul mate mad al were like my younger brothers- energetic, mischievous, comical.... and still great friends when the bmx bike wasn't their main priority as they embraced the wide world of adulthood responsibility. And still they both inspired me with their can do it approach to life, as they had on their bikes; 'bmxers can do anything'. Ross, your name on my ringing mobile or face at my door always brought a smile to my face, and the memories of you still will do. I witnessed your transition from a young teen to a mature man, and what a tribute you were to Shirley and Bill. And to see you and Linds together was a true delight, love reflected by love. I'm just thankful to have known you, and the great times we shared. Here's another thread for anyone that's interested- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php ... 319.0.html Tim.
laughinggravy

Postby mrd » 02 Oct 2007, 23:00

ross, remember that time at the bournemouth National when we chatted for the first time properly, when you were all grown up, wearing jeans running 46'16 and looking so fast and kick ass. you just ripped that track up like a motocross kid, open face lid, bars back, big smile, seat pointing up, low down. that day i wished i could have been as carefree as you seemed to live your life, every lap you rode i watched and wondered at the beauty of youth and carefree days. when we are touched by another and feel their llife force it has an affect that cannot be put into words but thankfully can be felt for a lifetime. soul brother, life rider, tear ass, kick ass groover. rest in peace kid. your sun still shines in me.

all of the march family send our love. xxx
mrd

PreviousNext

Return to Old Skool